Potterganda

The Weapon We Have Is Love

A quick post delivering promised pictures of the Harry and the Potters tee that I designed and mentioned in yesterday’s These Links? Again?. The design is based on “The Weapon,” the last track off their second album, appropriately titled “Voldemort Can’t Stop the Rock!” (appropriate because he failed to stop them from rocking after their first foray into Potter-inspired dittage).

Fans of indie rock a little rough around the edges would do well to give them a listen (and then some money)—especially if you’ve read the Harry Potter books. If you like the shirt you should try to catch The Potters on tour this summer ‘cause that’s the only way you’re gonna get one.

Vanilla
Grand Theft Adults Only
Shaun Inman
July 20th, 2005 at 6:11 pm
Categories
Design
Music
Portfolio
Comments
012 (Now closed)

012 Comments

001

Ahhh, nothing like a little East Bloc Closed to bring out the inner communist.

Mike D.
Jul 20th, 2005 3:38 pm
002

Good lord, that’s hot. Must. Buy. Shirt.

Lovely work, Shaun.

Ethan
Jul 20th, 2005 4:35 pm
003

Haha, that’s funny. Almost looks like the Revolution! style on CSS Zen Garden.

Jason
Jul 20th, 2005 5:11 pm
004

Just you wait until I find a way to bring Joe McCarthy back to life.

Rob Weychert
Jul 20th, 2005 6:13 pm
005

First “BADDS” tries to resurrect Hitler and now you with this McCarthy thing, have we learned nothing from Dr. Frankenstein?

Shaun Inman
Jul 20th, 2005 6:24 pm
006

I’m sure you don’t know that “Pottergand” in Hindi means “Potter Butt”. Saved by an alphabet!

Unless, for some reason, you spelled it “Pottergandu”… that, sir, is a completely different translation.

N
Jul 24th, 2005 9:16 am
007

Fantastic. I didn’t even know you were a H&tP fan. The t-shirt is fantastic. How did you manage to get to design for them? Also, I’ve been wanting to design my own shirt for a while… Did you send it to printing or know of any good printing companies?

Sujay
Jul 25th, 2005 2:45 pm
008

Nice design. Harry and the Potters came and played at my college this past year, which was pretty sweet. Your description of them is good, but it fails to capture just how much fun they have making music. We were all dancing and laughing like whoa by the time the concert was over. Somehow I have to get one of these shirts for my friend Nina (the first girl from the left), who already has two, older, H&tP shirts. And definitely one for myself. As if you didn’t already win in the game of life, you totally get bonus points for making this shirt.

Alex
Jul 26th, 2005 8:47 am
009

@Sujay: I actually went to grade-, middle- and high school with Paul (the older Harry). We’ve played in a couple of bands together over the years that I’ve done artwork for as well. Mostly in high school though. I did the first proper website for Joe’s (the younger Harry) other band, Ed in the Refridgerators (no longer online). As for the tee printing Paul handled that, so I won’t be much help there.

@Alex: That photo you linked was from the Rockville Library show, I was at that show! Small world huh?

Shaun Inman
Jul 26th, 2005 9:16 am
010

That is amazing, and I love the design. I could easily sport one of those. Have shared with my fellow fans of the Potters. Thanks for sharing with us!

(Now, just to find out where to get my hands on one…)

Meredith
Jul 27th, 2005 3:18 pm
011

You designed that t-shirt? I think it’s awesome! I actually bought it last night when I was at a Harry and the Potters concert. It’s really great, I love it!

Nancy
Jul 30th, 2005 1:27 pm
012

Is there any way to get my hands on one of those? The band isn’t playing any where near Ann Arbor. But I gotta have one. Love the band, Love the shirt.

Raya